Monday, November 12, 2012

Rare Mohawk

Hello Jammers! Jammie263 here!

This blog is now up to 41 followers! Sorry, I know not a perfect number like 50 or 100 or something, but I love knowing more than 41 people read this blog. ;)

It's an amazing achievement, and I'm very thankful for all of you guys.

I'm don't want to get all tearful, so onto the rare monday item!


The rare mohawk is quite expensive, and is 900 gems. This item is more of a human item, but looks great on animals too!


Animal Jam HQ also made a post about it, and I'm guessing they are very that they didn't have to make another random post for today!

Now, a few things about the mohawk hairstyle I found from this website (click here)..

art.mohawk.gi.jpg
Recording artist Travis Barker of Blink 182 was topped by a mohawk at an event in 2005.
Click to view previous image
1 of 3
Click to view next image
(1) MOHAWKS
The Style: Originally sported by warriors of various Native American tribes, the hairstyle was adopted by a squad of the U.S. Army's bad-to-the-bone 101st Airborne Division during World War II, before being commandeered by punk rockers in the 1970s.
The Story: Up until a few years ago, no one would have questioned the mohawk's roots. However, in 2003, an Irish peat harvester made a discovery that would change the hairstyle's history forever -- a 2,300-year-old corpse, remarkably well preserved by the unique chemistry of a peat bog, sporting a bonafide 'hawk.
The Shocker: The ancient Irish punker, dubbed Clonycavan Man, had gel in his hair, which archaeologists determined was made from vegetable oil mixed with a resin from southwestern France or Spain. Imported hair product? Today, scientists are still working hard to determine whether Clony was a prehistoric punker or just an Iron Age metrosexual.

Again, really cool right? I did know there was a Mohawk tribe though.

I'm really happy you guys like if I do facts like these! 

I may not do them for every post though. :P

Have a fAJtastic day!


4 comments:

  1. well i WOULD follow it. If I had a blogger account...


    papad91278 the 4th news crew member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kewl I never knew that stuff about Mohawks either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, after reаԁing this remarκable parаgraph i am alsо glаd tο shaгe my knowledgе here ωith mаtes.
    Stop by my webpage : Hello Kitty Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to follow but I do not have an account :(
    Lexie1234

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind to one another. :)

See you in Jamaa,
Jammie263

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...